Pens to Pictures strives to create platforms for the voices and stories of incarcerated women to be heard. Our specific goals are to:
- Empower incarcerated women to tell their own stories.
- Teach incarcerated women new skill sets that will help in future career opportunities upon reentry.
- Expand societal consciousness around incarcerated populations and the systemic oppressions that can contribute to their incarceration.
- Expand the advocacy work around mass incarceration to more intentionally include women and girls.
- Provide local area student artists and community professionals the opportunity to further cultivate their craft and connect it to social justice advocacy.
- Collaborate with organizations and individuals on their advocacy work to end mass incarceration.